Friday, September 5, 2008


What a day!!!! So I was up with Stella until 3:00 am and then Kris had to get up and go to work at 6:30 am. Molly got up just after he left about 6:40, and we have been going ever since. I got up to a cold this morning and am feeling a bit under the weather, but we have so much to get done for the ward temple night dinner at our house tomorrow night. So once Stella got up, after sleeping 8 hours, (ok side note. Most people can't say their 7 week old baby sleeps 8 hours, and that is awesome, but when she won't go down until 3, and your 2 year old gets up at 6:40 It doesn't do much good) I fed Stella and we had to run to Costco to get some stuff for the dinner. I parked away from all of the other cars, being as that is the deal I made with Kris when he bought me my Tahoe last year to keep it for getting dinged, when I came out... My battery was dead and not a car around. It wasn't hot outside, but inside the car was really warm and I had both of my kids in their car seats. I had enough juice to roll the windows down and I had tried to call Kris, not that he can do anything. Well while I was waiting I called to ask my mom if I could borrow some of her vases for tomorrow night and my dad answered. He asked how my day was going... That's never good on a bad day coming from a parent. I just started to cry. Mind you I had less than 4 hours of sleep, I'm sick, and I still had not eaten breakfast. Well there was a lady that pulled up at that time, someone must have been watching out for me. I asked my dad if I could call him back and I asked the lady if there was any way I could get a jump. She was really nice and I apologized for the tears and told her I would have been fine if my baby would let me sleep. She told me "oh I remember the days, It's been a long time, but I remember." Thinking back I really would have even been fine had I not talked to my dad. I just feel that I can tell my mom and dad stuff I would normally just deal with, and once the water works start sometimes it's just hard to turn them off. Well another guy come out with his family and come over to help. They were both so nice and now that we are home Stella needs to be fed, Molly needs a nap and I still haven't had breakfast and it's only 1:00. Let's hope the day starts to look up. I still have a lot to get done before tomorrow. Did I mention that we are going to my see my dad receive The Silver Beaver Award. I wasn't sure what it was I knew that it was a scouting thing but I wasn't sure what it was, so I looked it up and I'll post all of that tomorrow when I have pictures of him receiving the award, It's a great honor to receive this award. That will be in the morning and so EVERYTHING has to be done tonight. I'm really looking forward to just enjoying the ceremony tomorrow! I'm so proud of my dad and all he does. I'm really lucky to have such an amazing dad who is so kind and thoughtful to offer to drive the 45 min drive to come help me with my car, not that I would have let him do that, but I know he would have dropped everything and would have been there in a heart beat and happy to do it. I love my dad!


The Bastian's said...

Hey girly, so sorry you had a bad day. I have been there, the lack of sleep just kills you. I have to tell you, I just love your parents too. In fact I read the silver beaver post first and when I saw the picture of your parents I honestly just though, "awww, I love her parents" you have wonderful parents and you are wonderful! The sleep gets better, I promise!

Brindley Family est. 1997 said...

Oh, my gosh! You sound so much like me. You should've called Kerry. That girls needs something to do these days, hahaha.

The Wyler Family said...

i had an experience similar to this not very long ago. i was sucking it up and dealing with everything and then my dad called in the midst of everything and i lost it too. it's nice to have that comfort and security with someone, isn't it.