Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lake Powell!


What a fun trip. It was nice to finally get down there this season. Our first week that we could have had was just a few weeks before Stella was due, and there was no way I was having my baby in Page AZ, not that I mind AZ I have been trying to get Kris to move to AZ, I just don't know what kind of hospitals they have on the Indian reservation. Well so we went down and I was a bit nervous about the 6 hour drive to Wahweap, but you know what... I didn't hear anything from Stella at all on the way down, in fact I had to wake her up to feed her and she only cried a little on the way home. Molly didn't do bad either on the drive. It was so nice to just have the four of us, Kris said last night that it was definitely a trip and not a vacation. I don't think we give the kids enough credit. Molly is well...2! what more can I say. If anyone has tips or books that they have found or any advice on how to handle a 2 year old let me know. I'm grasping at straws. Stella was AWESOME! She only got up once the first night at about 3 and went back down until about 9. Every other night she slept until after Molly was up. If we went on a boat ride she was asleep before we even left the back of the house boat. Both girls took awesome naps and it was so nice to spend time in the sun, reading, watching TV with Kris, or just lay down for a few minute, no one had to be anywhere... that is always my favorite part of Powell. We took some great boat trips and Molly wanted to go for boat rides and always wanting to through rocks in the pool. I know it didn't matter how many times I called it a lake she keep calling the pool. Molly also loved the slide off the back of the house boat, I was going to get a picture, but couldn't find the camera on our way out. I'll get a picture when we go back next month. We loved that the pass was open and we could make a 5 min boat ride to warm creek and then we went to Dangling Rope to feed all of the fish and eat lunch. the Girls both slept on the way back. Molly really loved it. We fond some cool beaches Molly loved and we did a short really slow tube ride (Molly and I) Molly loved helping Kris drive the small boat. Both girls did amazingly well with there life jackets. Molly never once complained about it and Stella didn't mind as long as we were moving. I know it was a lot of work, but it is always worth it. Here are a plethora of pictures from our trip. Sorry so many pictures, but being as this is my journal and I've kind of replaced scrap booking with this. Here are my pictures.

7 comments:

brittani c. said...

You have posted a lot lately! I love Lake Powell and I would be so excited to make it out there one summer since Andrew's family goes every year (of course, we can't go).
Your girls are growing so fast!

McKenzie said...

I love the pictures with Moie sitting at the shore. What a fun trip. Glad you all had a great time. It is quite fun to go on a "trip" isn't it. Then you need to sleep solid for two days. But it's always worth it. Kimballs so happy you're back!

Pres. & Sis. Baird said...

Fun Stuff!
Wow what great pictures, you sure you don't want to go into photography when you grow up? Maybe you have already mastered it. They look great!
I'm glad you had a great time. It looked wonderful.
Love you all,
Grandma Bonnie

Amy Brindley said...

K, next year you are coming with the whole fam-damily! It was definitely a trip this past year, but well worth all the crying and tantrums and very tight quarters cause all the kids had so much fun. We just need our other cousins with us!! And those with the smallest kids get priority on the bedrooms :)

Pres. & Sis. Baird said...

Oh my i love the rosanders :). You are such a good photographer. Looks like you guys had fun. ha I love you.

Janice Lois said...

Love those pictures from your vacation trip, specially of kids.

The Wyler Family said...

i love all your pictures! sounds like such a great trip. i love lake powell!