Sunday, June 15, 2008

Moven' On Up!





From the Nursery to her big girl room! This weekend has been a crazy one! We have been doing some remodeling in the basement... a whole other post coming soon. But we have had so many things going on all at once trying to get ready for this baby to come. One of the top things on my list was to get Molly out of her crib and into a bed. I don't want her feeling like the baby comes home and takes over her room and bed and everything else. With all of the changes that will occur I just wanted this behind me so we can get though the bad nights and everything else before the baby comes. Saturday my mom, brother, and his wife all come up to help with our massive painting project down in the basement and they helped us get the painting done in Molly's new room. I asked if she wanted to sleep in her big girl bed and she said yes, so we thought we would try it. I was a bit worried about it still smelling like paint, but I though hey if she is excited about it I don't want to loose momentum. She was so excited about it she was running in circles and it's a good thing we weren't tackling the potty training at the same time, because in all the excitement I had to change her diaper twice before she went to bed all within a half hour, just like an excited little puppy. She did fine till I looked in on her and then she lost it. Kris layed by her for a few minutes but rather than fight the battle, I thought lets just put her in her crib and then when we get her night light fixed (new bulb, it burned out just as I moved it into her new room of course) and maybe we can make it more of a smooth transition. Well folks today she took a nap in her big girl bed. When she got up I made it such a big deal, we got all excited and talked about how cool her big girl bed was. I asked her where she wanted to sleep tonight and she said her big bed, but when it came down to it, she wanted to sleep in her crib. This week I'm just going to keep putting her in her "big bed" for naps and then we will go full time next week, we'll have to play it by ear. We just had to take pictures of her and her excitement for her big bed so here they are and when I get her room all done, I'll post those pictures.

1 comment:

Camille said...

okay. seriously. where do you find your cute bedding?!? I love the bright colors and polka dots. so cute, and very molly! i love bright colors too, you do such a great job. we will have to reschedule before baby comes...so sorry about last weekend, it was a crazy one ;)