Friday, October 31, 2008

30 Days of Giving Thanks!

You know with Nov. starting tomorrow and knowing this is the season for gratitude I want to try something a little different. I have felt from the time Molly was born that I needed to instill in my children the trait of gratitude. I have done family home evening on this and I have started a gratitude family journal that we would write in on Mon. nights, but we haven't been really good at that lately. So I thought that during the month of November I would post something I was grateful for, Some days might be really long post (you don't have to read the long ones, You don't have to read any if you don't want) and some days might just be a sentence, but I will give the my gratitude posts their own post, and will try and keep up with the family life blog as well. I know that will be hard, but I really think that this is important for me to do for my family. It could be a trial, or experience that I am grateful for, an item, a lesson, an idea anything at all.I want to start off with a quote that President Monson used in this Octobers general conference...

"Both abundance and lack [of abundance] exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend...when we chose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present- love, health, family, friends, work the joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us [happiness]-the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth."
-Sarah Ban Breathnach

1 comment:

Kate said...

What a great idea... I love that quote. It is so true... our trials and experiences are exactly what we make them. Glass half full or half empty?