Thursday, December 31, 2009

Saying Goodby To 2009!

This year has been a really growing year for all of us I think. Here are a few of the things I will really remember from 2009
*Kerry got engaged.
*Cydne coming home from her mission.
*Cydne got engaged.
*Girls camp
*Molly & Stella's B-days
*Molly got potty trained.
*Stella was walking at 10 months... just great!
*Several trips to Lake Powell
*Finding out Pa had cancer
*Twin nephews born
*Kerry & Ben's wedding-Wow! What more can I say about miracles!
*Cydne's & Braden's wedding
*A Nephew Diagnosed with high functioning autism (Asbergers look at this amazing story)
*Rosander Adult only Lake Powell trip. We haven't been down with the Rosanders since we were first married.
*Basement flooded 3 times, all different places and different reasons.
*We had termites.
*Got to Redo our basement when we were so close to being done.

You know I look back at the year and I can't believe some of the stuff we have gone though. I was talking to Amy while we were in Powell and asked her how she was dealing with life so well. (Here is a young mom who lives hours away form any family and her husband was laid off, her father diagnosed with cancer and her son just diagnosed with high functioning autism.)
She is so wise and (oh I just bawl thinking about it again) She said that that day in the temple when Pa showed up for Kerry's wedding it was just a reminder that there is more to life than just this. She remembered the things she has been taught as a little girl and that she knew that there would be challenges before she decided to come to earth and she came anyway. I was so amazed and her answer and her attitude of focusing on the eternal perspective.

This year we have seen some real challenges, but we have also seen great miracles! I'm so extremely grateful that my Heavenly Father knows me. He has pushed me and pulled me and really stretched me this year in more ways than I though were possible. I am humbled and honored to have felt the companionship of the Holy Ghost though all of this. I still have a lot of ways I'm still working on my self, I wish my growth ended at the beginning of the new year, but I still have thing I have to work though and ways I'm growing, but I'm so grateful for the tender mercies that I have felt and continue to feel. I'm thankful for all of the amazing examples I have around me and the way in which they teach me.

I'm really looking forward to 2010! Bring it on! I can't wait for a fresh start with a new year!

No comments: