Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009!

What a fun day and night. We spent the day at home. Kris washed the cars and painted the basement while I helped Molly make cookies for Santa. Late that afternoon we all went to my parents house for an amazing dinner. After dinner we gathered around to hear my grandpa read the Christmas story from the scriptures. Oh it brought back so many memories of being little again and sitting in my grandparents living room Christmas eve for that same story. We haven't done that for years and grandpa and grandma have been coming to our house for Christmas eve, and we have read that same story, but it was different than past years. Maybe due to my grandpas health. He has not been feeling great and has been in and out of the hospital. I really don't know how much longer I will get to hear that, and it makes me sad to think that my girls won't remember that... they will have their own memories of their grandpa reading that story! Amazing how life moves in circles (kind of). After the story of that first Christmas, we all got to open one gift... what is it you ask? PJ's for everyone!

Being as it was late Kris had to pry my away from my family and all of the fun that I knew that they would be having, and I would be missing out on, movies, even later night and maybe a game or two. We headed home so that Santa could find us. The girls were tired but despite a couple massive meltdowns we read our own board book first Christmas story, got cookies & milk for Santa, and some for his elves, reindeer food for the reindeer and then pictures of the girls in their jammies by the tree.

You can see how well the pictures by the tree went! Oh boy! Those girls... well in the words of Pinkalicious's mom...
"You get what you get, and you don't get upset!"


Well Santa did come and he did eat those cookies (most of them any way) and drank that milk, and even the reindeer food was mostly gone! I did hear Santa putting stuff together till about 12:30... I'm told he got to sleep in till 9:30 that is the same time my girls got up(the one day they sleep all night and don't get up early, go figure). I was the excited one and they did sleep well despite my noisy efforts in the kitchen to wake them all. Oh well as excited as I was I did get some things done before they all got up! What a perfect Christmas. More on Christmas tomorrow... Mr. Rosander is off to bed and I would like to curl up and cuddle for a bit, so cosy and safe... and after my dreams lately I need all the safe I can get!

3 comments:

The Wyler Family said...

looks like so much fun! you have such a cute family.

i used to always say to my first graders, "you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit." funny.

Camille said...

your girls are so cute and i am loving all of the posts...i should start on mine, hmmm... maybe tomorrow :)

Steph H said...

I can sympathize with missing out on the late night bonding with siblings. Most of my siblings are teenage-young adult age so the party doesn't start until 10:00 pm usually (and by then I'm long gone with my husband and kids). I miss hanging out late into the night. Hopefully soon they'll have their own spouses and kids and we can move the party to daylight hours instead.