Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Line....

OK let me explain this picture. The line went all the way up to the arrow which was almost the whole street and then it went back towards the building and then the whole length of the building till you got to the back and then they let you in to get your shot. I should have taken a picture behind me. It went back down to the parking lot the whole length of the building and then hit the back of the parking lot and wound back out the parking lot to the street. I should have taken the picture of where we started but my girls were going crazy and that was my focus. This was when we were about half way!
Molly with her sad face. Bless her little heart.
Molly pouting and Stella sleeping (finally)

WHAT WAS THE LINE FOR...
It's the new Harry Potter Movie....
It's the premier of New Moon....
It's Black Friday....

NO IT'S THE H1N1 FLU VACCINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had gone to our pediatricians office the other day to get the girls their seasonal flu shot and the Dr. told me to stop worrying about the seasonal and focus on the H1N1. He told me that they are not seeing seasonal flu they are seeing Swine Flu. So they gave me a # to call to get the info of where they are holding clinics and the first one I found was being held this last Friday from 10-5, but the lady told me I should be early because they only have a limited amount. So Friday morning I got the girls up and got their coats and blankets and the stroller and we stopped at MacDonald's for some pancakes and some hot chocolate and then headed over to the clinic. When I first drove by I was flabbergasted to say the least by the size of line. It went around the whole building and then went inside. I got in line and got the girls fed and kind of settled when I looked at my phone it said 9:20. We stood in line outside in the weather that was about 35 degrees. Holy cow it was freezing. Poor Stella screamed almost the whole time and Molly wasn't happy about this long line and the cold weather. It did kind of snow for a little bit and that did brighten Molly's mood but It was such a joke. About 2 hours into it I did get Stella asleep for about a half hour (that's when I got the pictures, I wouldn't have been able to get them other wise.) We finally got into the building about 1:20 and then walked out with the girls shots at 1:39! Was it worth it waiting 4 hours outside with my two crazy girls that wanted to get out and cried almost the whole time... (there were a lot of kids, but mine definitely made an impression. I had people asking me if I wanted them to try to hold Stella and offering us food and everyone looking at us...) My poor girls were freezing. I really do think they did OK for the circumstance. Poor Stella has so much energy and needed to be down and play and that just couldn't happen where we were. There were parking lots on all sides and one off the main road that hit the other side... there was nowhere for her to play that I felt I would keep her safe. I'm sure we'll all get colds, but at least we shouldn't get the swine flu. There were lots of people that came after us and the line was huge I think from what I heard they did cut the line off and tell people that they weren't letting anyone else in line, but I think most of us that had waited got the shot. Oh boy! If this is what we have to look forward to with Socialized Medicine that is just AWESOME!

1 comment:

Camille said...

oh wow. i am so sorry, that sounds like no fun. but at least you got the shot! i'm not as good as a mother as you. we still haven't gotten the h1n1 yet. & i don't know if we will. i keep calling the health centers but they are out.
i love catching up on you guys! your girls are so cute and your pictures are all so fun!!