Tuesday, October 13, 2009

With Home Ownership Comes...

WATER...



That's right our basement flooded a week and a half a go and now we have had to pull up the carpet & mat due to molding and replace it all... bitter sweet! I really wanted new floors down there and wasn't loving what we had, but we would have liked to put money elsewhere. It's been fun to figure out what was leaking... luckily for us it wasn't a huge deal. The main water valve we dripping, so we just replaced that and the water has seemed to stop. Drying out the basement was a whole other thing. It took several days and thanks to my neighbors fan it went a lot faster. The smell has ether gone away... or I'm just getting use to it (I really hope it's not the latter.) We are now looking at new flooring for that room and I'm hoping to get the other 2 rooms done as well. We might as well get it all done in one shot. This just happened at not the best time. I have one room in the basement totally done (the play room). The work out room was almost done. Now nothing is done because we hat to move all of the stuff from the work out room (that was the room that flooded) into the playroom. Oh the basement will never get done!

2 comments:

Camille said...

oh i am so sorry, that is no fun to have to deal with. i love how you are trying to focus on the positives,...now you get your floors you wanted ;) the girls in their witch costumes are just too cute. seriously adorable! i am loving your pictures ;)

Liz said...

I love owning a home. I have had a summer where so many things have broken and haven't been cheap to fix. But new carpet is fun. BTW I love the picutre of your girls in the halloween tutus!