Sunday, September 11, 2011

My Love For Sunday!

If you were like me at all this morning than you woke up happy and sat down to a delicious breakfast of pancakes, eggs and fresh fruit. Having time to myself and ponder on the importance of this amazing day that comes every week! Thinking of things I was grateful for and how I could help teach my children more about the gospel and our Savior. Taking the time to read, for a half hour in my scriptures and ready myself for the day. Taking a long hot shower and listening to "Soft Sounds of Sunday" quietly in the background. After doing my hair make up and picking out my favorite outfit (fitting perfectly, I might add) I was ready for the day. All before another sole got out of bed or made a peep! When my children got up they had homemade pancakes as well with eggs and fruit. Eating every bite! Being so grateful that I would spend the time get it ready for them. The ate quietly then after putting their dishes away, went (with out being asked) to get dressed in the freshly pressed clothes laid out on their bed the night before! With sweet little voices they sang along to the song "There is beauty all around when there's love at home" playing on "Soft Sounds". After quickly getting dress they lined up perfectly to get their hair done, teeth brushed and faces washed." All of this done so quietly they didn't wake Nora or Kris. They asked what they could do to help so we got their beds made and started dinner. With a quick wipe down of the counter the house was clean and we still had time to sit down and read books together. When Kris awoke we finished making up the pancakes and sat down while he ate breakfast. He showered and then was able to sit down with us for a few minutes before Nora awoke. When Nora got up she was happy as a clam and couldn't stop smiling! Sweet baby! She was fed, bathed and dressed and ready to go! We walked out the door at 10 to 9 and had the girls delivered to their classes and were in our own classes 5 min to 9! I love when the day starts off like this! Then my alarm clock went off and I was hit with reality! Reality looks a little more like this. My alarm goes off and I hit the snooze button WAY too many time. Having been up the night before with Nora who has thrush for the 2nd time I was already to climb back in bed... I still hadn't gotten out of bed! I was finally able to drag myself out of bed when I could hear little voices coming from the living room growing louder and louder in frustration and anger fighting over who gets to play the game next. I got up to get the girls breakfast which consisted of microwave pancakes and water! I think I remembered to get them syrup. I had to fight and argue with them to get them to eat all 6 bites of it, while at the same time I was frantically packing the church bag so we could make it through one hour with out freaking out! The girls had long abandoned their breakfast before I was done working on the church bag! I went to grab clothes for them to ware. I had to take off the ribbons on their skirts because they looked so hammered from ware and tare. With skirts that were a little too short and shirts that were a little too tight I had to be fine with it. Molly on the other hand was making sure the neighbors a block away knew that she was unhappy about my chose! While Molly was making her point I realized that Stella's pull up was too full and there was pee all over the floor in her room! Sweet! I did Molly's hair with another melt down happening about why I have to spray her hair and blow dry it! When I was done with her hair I was on to Stella's. After searching and finding her and pulling her into the bathroom to do here hair she was mad that she couldn't play Molly's explorer and I wouldn't braid her hear. She made it know the whole time I was doing her hair that she was upset. After brushing Stella's teeth I was able to jump in the shower to just simply wash my body! Once I got out I was really hoping nobody would notice that I had not shaved my legs, I was hoping a little lotion would prevent people from noticing. With 15 min left to get dressed ready and out the door. There was no way I had time to do hair! I was able to straiten my hair and being so grateful for the Dry Shampoo (that would get rid of my nasty greasy hair) Sara had introduced to me (LOVE LOVE LOVE it btw!) finished my make up and reached for my bottle of dry shampoo.... TOTALLY GONE! SWEET! I still had not gotten up my sleeping baby being exhausted from being up the night before and still miserable with thrush! Kris asked for the other room what he could do so I had him wake up Nora and get her dressed! After pulling up my hair, that now had sweet zebra stripes because I was trying to mask my 3 day old greasy nasty hair with baby powder that wasn't rubbing in super well, I was throwing on one of like 3 things in my closet that fit me knowing I looked like a slop and just gross I was ready to head out the door... Now that I'm thinking about it I hope I brushed my teeth. They don't feel REALLY sick right now so I'm hoping that means I did brush them. Kris had dressed Nora and we were all ready to head out the door. Now being 9 it was time to walk REALLY fast! Seeing that there was still 1 pair of shoes I had set out for the girls on the floor I wondered who was not wearing shoes being as both of my girls were running down the street toward the church. We had to have Stella come back up to get shoes on. We were rushing out the door with breakfast dishes and who knows what else (I just know my house looks like it's been though a war) we were walking quickly down to the church and literally pushing kids into their class rooms. I had told Kris I would walk Molly to class and meet him on the other side of the Church to get Nora (who btw still had not had a bottle since 4 am so now is screaming. I stopped to talk to Sara and could hear Nora screaming upstairs! finding a seat in RS and sneaking in with the church bag car seat and a crying baby... it was now 9:05! REALLY I LOVE SUNDAYS! Now I just looked forward to sacrament meeting which is last... trying to keep my kids quiet and happy though that last meeting is always a challenge, especially because they didn't eat enough of their breakfast and they are tiered! Can't wait for next week! Did I mention one of my biggest pet peeves is being late! With no food and being tired I'm no peach either! With the yelling fighting and rushing going on in our house we are all feeling the spirit! Happy Sunday!

No comments: