Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lake Powell

Oh I know I say this every time I blog about a Lake Powell trip, but I totally love that place. It’s so amazing! We started off kind of rocky. I was trying to get the house cleaned before we left and then we decided to try packing ALL of the food for this trip… We typically don’t pack all of the food, but we thought we would try it. It worked out great while we were there, but to pack for me, two girls, pack the car by myself and pick up Kris from work on time and hitting the road, oh and having stuff to keep the girls busy for the 7 hour drive. Packing and the food was just a little more work that put me over the edge. I think next time we will simplify again and go back to shopping in Page. We had such a good tip. The girls loved every single second. We spent a lot of time in the water, so warm it felt so good, we did a lot of boat rides, and this was Stella’s Favorite. Lot’s of playing at the beach and Molly loved the beach and swimming. Kris’s dad was also nice enough to let us take the ski trainer. The first summer we took Stella she was not so fond of her life jacket and the boating was not her favorite thing to do, but she LOVES it so much now! It’s so fun to watch my girls love Lake Powell more and more every year. I can’t imagine our lives with out it honestly. The girls love everything about it! Stella even got to the point where she would swim, on her back from the beach to the boat. She is so cute! It's so fun to watch these girls and see them fall more and more in love with this amazing place that Kris has grown up loving and that I have loved form my first time there. Lake Powell will forever hold a special place in all of our hearts.












No comments: