Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Eve.

Easter eve started out great. We had a great morning of conference. I love conference. There is just something about hearing all of the inspiring talks and I seem more invigorated when it's all over, no matter how crazy my kids are. Between sessions we worked in the basement for a bit and then listened to the second session. We had gotten pizza for dinner, so good. Last year we had an Easter Fondue night after dinner and the girls loved it. I really wanted to make that a family traditon. Se we did the same thing. We did the Easter fondue (with peeps, bunny marshmallows and all kinds of easter spring things). Oh my heck. It was such a crazy night. We were trying to get things out and ready and under way quickly so that Kris could head to the priesthood session. It just seemed to be one thing after another and I just feel like it was just crazy. We didn't do much fondue then we sat down as a family and read the First Easter Story and talked about the true meaning of Easter and why we celebrate Easter. The girls were crazy and Kris was feeling pressed for time and it just wasn't quite the way I had planned. Then Kris was off to the priesthood session and I was here with the girls... I put them to bed early (they were so exhausted) I think that was the first time EVER Stella didn't even cry. Then I went down stairs with some yummy treats and and a good movie and I worked on some projects that I have been wanting to get to and I wanted to use them for Easter. I also got up the tent another family tradition I wanted to implement that we did last conference, 6 months ago. It was so funny because when we turned on conference the first session Molly said "Remember when we watched this in the tent last year." So it was only 6 months ago, but we are still working on the concept of time. Well it was kind of a crazy night and I hope the girls got something out of it.

1 comment:

Steph H said...

You're such a great mom! I love how hard you work to make things special for your family!