Friday, December 2, 2011

December is Here!

I have been waiting for this Christmas season for almost 2 years now. Last year I was prego and so sick. I felt horrible and I don't do much if anything to get my family or I in the Christmas spirit. In fact my Christmas tree sat in my living room for weeks half put up. My cute friend B called several times and offered to help me get it up or come and do it for me, I know you might want her number she is the best! Needless to say I have been waiting for another shot at the season. We kicked it off with our new Advent calender!



So yesterday was the first day... It was so much fun to watch the girls figure it all out.


The girls getting the tag off!

Scratching to see what the activity was.



I don't have a picture of them opening the box, but the activity was to decorate the Christmas tree. They were so bummed our tree was already decorated. Kris and I had done it almost a week ago. But when they opened the box it had a 4 tiny pink ornaments and a little note that directed them to the storage room where they found their own little tree for their room. OH MY GOSH! You would have thought they had died and gone to heaven. Molly kept telling me over and over that I was the best mom ever and that I was the best mom she had ever had (funny, I'm the only mom she's ever had) It went on and on and on! Best money ever spend. They got to decorate it all on their own. It was so cute. They were singing songs and loved every second. I loved just watching them. This was the big kick off!



They are looking forward to tonight's activity and so am I!

5 comments:

Posh Ideas said...

Super Cute! They are getting so big! We have to keep as many magical years as we can. While they eat it up. All the traditions, advents etc.

Brooke said...

You truly amaze me! You are one in a million Linds! Love your guts and the girlies too! xoxo

Camille said...

that is the cutest thing ever! you probably thought that all up and made it all yourself. you are amazing! super fun!

Katheryn Wiederhold said...

Oh my goodness, so cute. I love the idea. Good thinking. :)

Ellison Family said...

so dang cute. You have amazing ideas!