Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!



Wow, another Mothers Day! I really can't believe that it's been a year already. You know I LOVE being a mom. Not everyday is easy, but I have realized that anything in my life that is really amazing has never come easy 100% of the time. That has really got me thinking. I have always wanted to be a mother and have truly felt blessed, even on the hard days, that I have the chance to be a mother. This pregnancy has been a challenge, as was Molly's but this one has been extra hard for me. It seems to be one thing after another and I just keep telling Kris 12 more weeks. Molly has been sick this week and so Kris was going to stay home with Molly because I had to go and teach primary. When I put her in bed with Kris before I left she just started to cry. I went into the bathroom to finish getting ready and just cried that I was having to leave my sick baby home. I realized then that I will feel the same about this baby once she gets here and that this is a challenge that I have to endure to get such an amazing blessing. I really do love being a mom and I'm thrilled to be preparing to welcome this baby into our family, home and our hearts. Mothers Day for me is not a day for people to celebrate me as a mom (although I do look at it as a day to celebrate my mom) but I look at it as a day for ME to celebrate the opportunity I have to be and mother and a day to celebrate the duties and obligations I have to my children. I really love Molly and look forward to getting this baby here. Happy Mothers Day!

5 comments:

Uffens Family said...

Happy Mothers day Linds!!! Love the pics with your little twin!

The Bastian's said...

Happy Mother's Day Linds. Your a great mom!

Katie said...

Your thought are beautiful! Happy Mothers Day!

brittani c. said...

Those 12 weeks will be here before you know it! So exciting!

Emily said...

I am so glad that you had a nice Mothers Day. You are a cute mom and your little girl is just darling. ;)